Sunday, May 8, 2011

May 8th 2011 - An attempt to establish a baseline.

This is a report of my attempt to establish a baseline from which we can monitor changes. Websites change over time, reports come and go without necessarily being archived. My focus in this article is the Tanjong Pagar Town Council webpage. The goal is to establish or get a feel for:

1. what the council was doing pre-GE 2011.
2. establish numbers and figures so subsequent changes can be put into context.

TANJONG PAGAR





As of today, the Tanjong Pagar Town Council webpage still reflects the members and maps from the 11th Parliament rather than the 12th. However, of interest are:

1) their 5-year plan they had introduced in the course of their campaigning for 2011 to 2016. This is in the form of a PDF I have archived. I will see if there is an easy way to maintain the PDF in the context of this blog.

2) Town council charges and fees for various facilities and activities. I have printed a copy and dated it for my physical archive. It is a little cumbersome to archive it on this blog unless there is some significant or unreasonable change. I urge fellow residents to keep an eye on it.

3) Conservancy charges based on the Government Gazette dated 9th October 2009. This is in the form of a PDF which I have archived. The latest document tags along what I assume are Pinacle@Duxton flat types and new charges for commercial space. The PDF represents an amendment to the original 2002 document (GN S 266/2002). "S1-room flats: $90 ($81?) and S2-room: $100. S-commercial: $3 per sq meter, min $96.30"

4) The 2009-2010 Annual report. I had expected to find information about the Town Council's sinking fund here, but it was not to be. PDF, also archived.

5) Various other links in the navigation bar. Residents please note these options:

a) About Us -> How to contact us
b) Feedback.

Of note is an FAQ about sinking funds (PDF) which I have archived. However, if there is a document showing a balance sheet of how our sinking funds are used (similar to one I've seen from Hougang a number of years ago), I've either not found it yet, or it does not exist. If someone knows about it, please let me know.

PARLIAMENT

As of today, Parliament has not released a schedule for parliamentary proceedings for the 12th Parliament.

No comments:

Post a Comment